News Press Release
MNA announces activities and events promoting AES67
MNA live demo addresses RAVENNA, Dante, Livewire connectivity, discovery and connection management
Media Networking Alliance, Bothell, Washington, USA. The Media Networking Alliance (MNA) – the professional AV industry alliance, charged with promoting awareness and adoption of AES67, the open standard that provides for the common interchange of digital media between different AoIP networking platforms – has announced the schedule of activities and events of the alliance and its member companies at InfoComm 2016.
As part of the InfoComm seminar session, MNA Chairman and VP of Systems Strategy at QSC, Rich Zwiebel, and Marty Sacks, Vice President and Executive Director of Axia Audio, The Telos Alliance, present IS103 – AES67: Achieving Interoperability Between Audio Networks, on Friday 10 June from 09:00 to 10:00. The session explains AES67 and how you can use it in your products or projects. Drawing on each of the presenters’ extensive experience in network technology, the session explores both installed sound and broadcast perspectives, and explains why it is important to have an open standard that supports interoperability between these two industries.
Throughout the three days of the exhibition the MNA is featuring “an expanded live AES67 demonstration” on its booth, #C11146. The demonstration highlights AES67 interoperability between networked components operating with RAVENNA, Dante and Livewire AoIP transports, previously only operable independently of one another.
The demonstration is a further development of live demonstrations at recent AES, ISE and NAB exhibitions and incorporates devices from ALC NetworX, ARG Electrodesign, Digigram, DirectOut, Focusrite, Genelec, Lawo, Meinberg, Merging Technologies, NTP Technology, Solid State Logic, Studer and Yamaha interoperably passing digital audio.
Commenting on the practical significance of the demo, Kevin Gross, Chair of the MNA Technical Work Group, says, “We are demonstrating audio interoperability first and foremost, but are also demonstrating interoperability of discovery and connection management. Dante Controller software and associated network protocols are being used to configure AES67 connections to and from Dante-based devices, while demonstration software from ALC NetworX bridges different discovery and connection management schemes supported by AES67.
“We are demonstrating live that AES67 is an industry standard interoperability technology that you can specify with confidence and use today.”
Other member MNA companies also presenting live AES67 demos on their booths include ALCNetworX- #C12129, Harman – #N805 and Merging Technologies – #C11808.
MNA AES 67 logo image link
All brands and trademarks are recognized.
About the Media Networking Alliance (MNA)
The MNA is a not-for-profit corporation with membership available to all manufacturers, organizations, companies and individuals who are interested in the objectives and purposes of the alliance.
The MNA’s objectives are:
- to promote the adoption and standardization of AES67 as an audio interoperability standard through marketing and education.
- to develop future AES67 specifications and other documents that augment, enhance or extend the primary AES67 specification for the purposes of enabling and promoting increased interoperability and reliability.
- to provide developer support for AES67 products, and actively support those members producing AES67 compliant products, including, but not limited to, AES67 System Development Kit and AES67 Test Tools.
- to provide a forum and environment in which members of the alliance can meet to review standards development and compliance programs, and to foster the development of new products based on the AES67 standard.
- to educate the business and end-user communities about the value, benefits and applications for AES67.
- establish and maintain relationships with educational institutions and other technology associations and organizations that help to promote the use and development of AES67 products.
A full list of member companies and other information can be found at medianetworkingalliance.com
KGa marketing & media
Mobile: +44 7977 410 444
Skype ID: kgamarketing
Media Networking Alliance NAB booth contact:
Tina J. Lipscomb
Media Networking Alliance, Inc.
Phone: +1 425-870-6574